Monday, January 18, 2010

when life seems absurd what you need is some laughter

I never know what to do with this thing - what to write or say because really the fun that I've been having ...it's like there aren't words for it. Not because we've been having fun on some level for which words don't exist but just that - what was funny last night usually doesn't make sense to our sober selves the next day, haha. I never know which stories I should put on here or what to tell and what to leave out - if I say that I drank beers and smoked with my friends last night and then played what was probably a 2 hour long game of pictionary it sounds like the night was bull shit in words, but really it was hilarious and so much fun. So basically I think the only way I'll keep up with this - and also a really sick way to document my life - would be to take one or two pictures every day to give a glimpse into what went on. Some days I'm sure it will be boring but I think it will be fun - here's the past few days in pictures:




the two above are from 1/15. they're from johnny's house. we were feelin pretty good, haha. this is post sing-a-long in johnny's car. at the time the fact that dave and johnny were saving their bubble gum for later on a napkin was fucking hilarious to me.

1/16. i was just hanging out in my room with my godson for a few hours. had so much fun with that little guy. we watched a lot of pop-eye on youtube, and plenty of beatles videos. he's got a thing for ringo but he's only 3 - i'll show him that george is where it's really at.


1/17. i went to see the graduate with my parents at the port jeff theatre - it was a good show. we went out for dinner afterward and the place was packed with drunken jets fans. it was a lot of fun and the jets won, which is pretty bad ass. when i got home i think i went for coffee with dave and then we freaked out about having no plans for a while - but eventually worked it out - had a really good time, got messed up and played pictionary hahaha. i remember pam had to draw "Alamo" and it was poorly drawn cowboy and indian stick figures... it was confusing. i had to draw an escalator at one point and started to draw an elevator - maybe i should have taken it easier on the beers...


tonight i'm staying in - drinking tea, updating this thing, reading a little. basically giving my body a rest from everything i've been pouring into it for the past month. i have to be up at 7am for work so it's probably best that i'm not out until 3 tonight, anyway. by the way, it was 50 degrees today which was so refreshing after how cold it's been. i sat on my deck for a little while listening to the strokes and i started wishing that i could call up everyone and bring them back from college and from being abroad and throw a party right there on the deck. i know it's too soon to be dreaming of spring but i can't wait....

No comments:

Post a Comment