Thursday, January 21, 2010

outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family store

Can't stop listening to this song - it's the one that Joseph Gordon-Levitt karaokes in (500) Days of Summer. I also can't think of what to take a picture of today. I was such a waster - I woke up around 7, left for work at 8, didn't hit any traffic (never happens), so I just walked around campus for a half hour before I had to be in. It was really weird with so few people on campus - If I had my camera I would have taken a picture of the frozen grass on the quad in front of Brower. I love sitting there when it starts to get warm... but everything looked kind of nice with a little frost. I really felt today that break is over. Everyone is back at school and I'm in the awkward in between period where classes haven't started yet so I feel like everyone is away and busy doing things and I'm standing still in a town that, without all my friends around, feels empty. So I guess I'm ready for a new semester - and I'm excited to see my friends from school.

Here's my picture for today:
This is probably where I'll be for a good part of the night - hanging out with Shirl, watching TV, drinking tea. This break is over now, but it has been fun - late nights with my best friends - can't even think of half the shit we did or talked about but I know I was happy when I was out with them every night. But the nights where I'm at home with my parents - talking and just watching whatever with them - they're just as good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment